Screen recorders are becoming more and more popular today. Let’s see what this popular video capture editor can do.
This article will show you one of the perfect tools that easily capture the present moment. It takes place on the computer screen, and then the resulting recording can be processed in the built-in editor. It is a 100% free service.
You can use it to record your webcam, the entire screen or just browser tabs, as well as narration into the microphone. You can also edit your recordings with the ability to crop and rearrange video and audio clips. It’s the tool I found recently – RecordCast Screen Recorder.
What is RecordCast?
RecordCast is a popular and free online screen recorder that allows you to capture your computer screen without the need to install any other software. Developed as a website tool, it uses HTML5 technology. You are able to record everything that appears on your screen and the ability to download and edit the video directly.
RecordCast is offered as a solution to record and edit the entire screen capture video for free, without installing any apps. Most importantly, it is ad-free, and it can work in many ways. It works on any computer using the Internet and a browser. Since it is an online tool, it is compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.
It is very easy to use! All you have to do is open RecordCast on the browser. I use Chrome.
Start with three different options, namely recording modes, audio recording options, and recording area options. Please note that the program can record audio from several sources simultaneously. Once produced, you can export it to WebM format.
After recording the screen, it is desirable to process the video in its video editor. RecordCast will help you with that mission. The user is prompted to cut out individual elements of clips, and delete unnecessary scenes and adjust the volume.
Why use RecordCast?
The reasons for using RecordCast vary. Some examples of using the RecordCast screen recorder are below.
- For informational purposes: Managers and entrepreneurs can convey their idea very effectively and efficiently. They may show their online business procedures, business software or tutorials, etc.
- For promotional purposes: Thanks to screen recordings, you can create product demos or show how well the devices work to promote your website.
- For educational purposes: Teachers could use it to teach how to use the computer or basic programs and record their online courses.
- To share: Game players usually use this kind of software, for example, to show a file network exceptional performance in the game or to share with other players how to deal with some game steps or to show friends how a new computer program works.
- Remember a few things: Recording the screen during a call or Skype conversation while chatting or while transferring videos displayed on your desktop. Then the recordings can be a good memory or a valid certificate.
In short, the reasons may be different, and the RecordCast screen recorder can always come in handy. It is a great tool that allows you to make recordings without any problem. It also allows you to view and edit the recorded videos easily. So give this simple and effective screen recorder a try.
How to record?
RecordCast Online Screen Recorder allows you to record screen, download and edit videos directly online. And no registration and download are required. This can be summarized through the following steps to use it.
You can access the tool and record using a Google or Facebook account. However, you can also use the tool directly without the need for registration.
- Navigate to RecordCast through your browser.
- Then click Start Recording.
- Next, select one of the screen capture options from the three: 1. Screen + Webcam: Share your screen and camera; 2. Screen Only: This option allows you to share only your screen; 3. Webcam Only: Opens the camera only. Then click Next Step.
- Then select one of the audio recording options from the presets: 1. Microphone + System audio; 2. Microphone; 3. System audio; 4. No audio. Then click on Start Recording. A pop-up will appear, allow the required permissions.
- Now select the option of the screen you want to record.
- Full Desktop: This means recording your entire computer screen, including browser tabs.
- Application Window: means to register and control the window of a specific program.
- Current Tab: All camera and screen sharing options are available, but no tab or other information will appear on your screen while recording.
- Finally, click on Share. After clicking Share, the screen will be recorded as per your selected options.
- Then, to finish recording, click on Stop Sharing below.
Edit your recorded videos
After finishing the recording, you will be redirected to the page where the recorded video will be downloaded. On this page, you are able to edit the video with the built-in video editor. Surely, you can download the recorded video just by clicking download.
RecordCast has a fully online video editor with a Timeline interface. You can split and combine video clips, add text, overlay, pictures, music, and more. You can change the position on the canvas and add transition of your video and add embellishments to make eye-catching and shareable recorded videos. Just let your innovativeness sparkle.
Key Features of RecordCast
- RecordCast is known as an online tool, so anyone can use it regardless of the type of computer system (Windows or Mac).
- Record the screen directly online from the browser without any installation.
- Possibility to record computer screen, webcam, system audio and microphone at the same time.
- The ability to edit in real-time.
- Possibility to download 1080p screen recording video.
- 100% free.