In and out of the campus, security’s job is to keep personnel and students safe and protected. Failing to do it correctly could lead to physical, financial, and reputational consequences for the school. You risk being part of the increasing numbers in campus security if you don’t have this level of visibility and control. And same applies to the security of student’s data.
Student data has been discovered to be a valuable tool for criminals planning horrible acts against students. Students’ personal information and details are frequently exploited these days. Because of the rising rate of crime against students, academic establishments must maintain a tight eye on their operations. Installing a campus management system that protects student data protection is essential for achieving the goal of campus security. An effective Education ERP technology can drastically prevent virtual attacks on students’ data and the likelihood of any subsequent physical mishaps.
What Are the Potential Risks of Data Theft That Every Organization Should Be Aware Of?
As an dministrator, you must be aware that any manipulation of data might have the following negative repercussions, which may have long-term implications for students’ academic and personal lives. The odds are substantially higher if you are not using education technology solutions for data management.
- Academics: Students’ holistic educational data, such as grade point, marks, and aggregate student achievement report cards, may be changed or lost.
- Payments and Dues: In the single glance, schools could lose vital information about payments and the outstanding amount. The campus will suffer a significant financial loss as a result of this.
- Spam Activities: Hackers may gain access to the college’s administration system and send unsolicited emails or text messages requesting money.
- Criminal Activities: Students’ sensitive personal information, such as their name, residence, and age, can be stolen and used for horrible crimes like kidnapping.
Isn’t it true that no college would wish to promote such activities and endanger children’s lives?
As a result, it’s critical that they take strict measures to preserve a perfect balance.
Implementing campus ERP software is the simplest solution to ensure student data protection.
Have a look how a campus management system may help instructors achieve total campus security.
- For proper data handling, use a cloud-hosted ERP: Academic establishments rely entirely on student data to carry out their day-to-day operations, which explains why student data protection is so important in establishing a school’s image. Unauthorized access to sensitive and specific student records, as well as any other security breach, may have negative consequences for both students and the institute. Schools should use a web campus automation solution to prevent data security concerns. Higher authorities can grant role-based access to staff and faculty members using a cloud-hosted ERP Management System, eliminating the risk of data abuse and ensuring a secure environment. Furthermore, it enables the administration to maintain total transparency and monitor all aspects of the campus with just a few mouse clicks.
- For Campus Safety, a Visitors Monitoring System is used: Monitoring of individuals on campus is another crucial criterion when it comes to campus safety. Using decent Campus management ERP software that is coupled with a visitor management solution, educational campuses may keep track of visitors during working hours. Institutes can keep a computerized track of the visitor’s information as well as their reason for visiting the academic campus. The student record system is an excellent tool for sorting legitimate guests, maintaining vigilance, and ensuring improved safety.
- K-12 and Higher Education Transportation Security: The most significant benefit that K12 and Higher Ed can derive from the adoption of a Campus Management Software integrated with a smart mobile app is the ability to keep in touch with students till they return home. Parents and educators may keep in the loop and obtain information concerning the driver, notably the routes he takes, current location, pick-up time, and drop-off time, thanks to the GPS-enabled smartphone app. They can get emergency messages in the event of an accident while travelling, in addition to real-time monitoring.
- It safeguards students’ and teachers’ privacy: Students are frequently the focus of confidential material, and hacking into a school administration system allows a hacker to acquire all of the school records, including their personal information. It has the potential to be shared for nefarious reasons over the internet. A secured campus management system keeps student data safe from hackers and assures their safety.
- It facilitates the payment of school fees via the internet in a safe and secure manner: It is not a good idea to conduct online money transactions using an unsecured programme. If your campus management system accepts online payments for school fees but is insecure, it is strongly recommended that you replace it with a secure solution. To submit your education costs without worry of losing money to hackers, a safe school administration system combines with highly secure payment methods.
- It secures your information from illegal access: Each module in a safe campus management software is usually password protected. Administrators can set up the software so that different users have different access levels. A teacher who uses the system may require access to a variety of modules, including as attendance and test management. However, access to those courses is not required by the school librarian. A secure campus management software can be used to set this up correctly.
Student data security has become a big issue in schools and other educational institutions in this technological age. Campus management software, which is equipped with strong data security measures, may help educators realise their goal of accelerating the expansion of their colleges while also protecting student data protection. The Campus Management System is without a doubt the most effective method for ensuring student safety. By tackling all of the primary security problems, it considerably aids educators in creating a secure and positive Online learning environment. As a result, schools must invest in dependable ERP software and ensure that their campuses are secure.